Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ho Hum...

Whole lotta nothing going on these days. Working hard in my classes, midterms this week, spring break next. It would be really nice if we actually got spring-like weather in these parts soon. I would love nothing more than to open up every window in the house with some new air fresheners going. Can't wait!

I am loving my publication layout and design class. I love the creativeness needed for all the projects we are doing. Right now, I'm finishing up a brochure for the school's english dept. Since my teacher is the head of the department, he said he is going to choose the best one and actually make them up to distribute. I think that would be so awesome. I'm not really looking to get into any kind of publication design but you never know when you need to make a brochure, postcard, booket, etc for whichever company you work for, so it would be cool to have a small portfolio of things that had actually been 'published'.
Loving my ethics and law class too. Basically all we do is read case studies in the text and discuss\debate them in class. I hate when you try to have an intelligent conversation\debate with someone and all they do is make you feel stupid, regardless of your opinion. The class is not like that at all. In fact, my professor is a very intelligent man, who was a former police officer and lawyer, who manages to make everyone feel like their opinion is important, is constantly praising good points brought up, and doesn't talk down to us. Teachers\professors in higher education drive me crazy when you assume that they deserve respect because of their position. That may fly in middle and high school, but when I am an adult, just as you are, you need to earn a good part of the respect.

Anyway. Awesome news. My car is paid off! Woohoo! Its such a freeing feeling knowing that something that you use everyday is outrightly yours. Hopefully this is just the beginning of good things to come this year :)
I am looking into applying for an integrated marketing internship. Here's hoping it opens up doors!

No comments:

Post a Comment