Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Le Sigh...

Well. I have resigned myself to the fact that I will not be graduating next spring (2012) like I was planning.
And not because of the whole end of the world thing either.
I dropped my science class.  I still need a semester's worth of electives to finish. And there is no way I can do that at my current school without taking the intro courses for every major offered. No thank you. I would totally take those classes if they would in anyway help future career goals. But they won't. At one point I even seriously considered withdrawing at the end of the semester and enrolling in the local state school where they have almost the same program I'm in and about a thousand more class options. I had the application filled out, a scholarship application filled out, and transcript request forms filled out. Then I realized I was just angry with that science teacher and the lack of extra classes at that school. Exploring my options, I found out that I can continue where I am but also enroll at the state school as a 'transient' student, just taking the classes I need to finish up at my current school. And that's what I'm going to do. That and continue to look for my missing math book. I am beyond words when it comes to how I feel about that. I have a small house. Where could it have gone?!

I'm planning the Valentine's party for Lea's class. I'm going to decorate cookies on Sunday and maybe do pretzels too. I haven't decided that yet. I'm trying to come up with a craft for the kids to do because I want to split them into stations. The past two parties made me realize that kindergartners are still too immature to be able to focus all together on a project at the same time. I've got a quick game planned for one station, another will be a group passing out their own valentines, and I would like a craft or some other project for the third. My Halloween craft was a little too disorganized (on my part) so it turned into a bit of a mess.

I started back up with my scrapbooking. Kinda. I've been making valentine's\love cards. I think they are cute. If I am really ambitious, I would like to make card sets, maybe sets of 5 or 10, for different occasions, to sell when Husband does craft shows.

Off to search for the missing math book...

No comments:

Post a Comment